Casa Linda Lights – F.A.Q.

Casa Linda Lights Frequently Asked Questions

What is Casa Linda Lights? It is a fundraiser and holiday tradition beginning this year in Casa Linda Estates. The idea is that residents and local businesses will donate money to light Casa Linda Estates with luminaries creating a rich and meaningful tradition that will benefit a local cause and will be enjoyed by many East Dallas residents for years.

Who are we raising funds for? This year, donations will go to Jeff Patterson, a Dallas Fireman, who was seriously injured in a house fire on May 3rd. He was treated in the Burn Trauma/ICU of Parkland with 3rd degree burns on 45% of his body, receiving several skin graft surgeries. Jeff remained in ICU for 110 days until finally being transferred to Zale Lipshy for rehab the past month. Sadly, there are a lot of costs associated with this injury that are not covered by the City. Jeff’s wife, Tina Hernandez, is overseeing his medical care while also working a full time job and caring for their two young children. And if this wasn’t enough for any family to bear, Tina was diagnosed with colon cancer just weeks after Jeff was hospitalized. She has completed her chemo and radiation therapy and just had surgery this past week in October. The Pattersons are East Dallas residents and attend St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church.

What funds will be used to purchase the luminaries? A portion of CLENA social funds leftover from last year’s budget will pay for a small portion of luminaries materials. After that, a percentage of each donation (35%) will go to buying materials and the remainder (65%) will go to Jeff Patterson.

When will the lights be lit? The lights will be lit the afternoon of the CLENA holiday party. This year the party is December 6th. Kits will be available for pick up beginning November 16th. Volunteers will set out the lights the afternoon of

What will come in a luminary kit? We are using True FlickerTM Tea Lights which have a flame shaped LED bulb which softly flickers to mimic the effect of a real candle. They are the lights used in Relay For Life. In a kit you will receive 10 True Flicker Tea Lights, 10 white paper bags, & a small bag of sand.

How can I support this cause and light my house or sponsor a neighbor’s home?
ORDERS are due Nov. 9th so order now. Here’s how:

  1. Mail order from (see reverse) with a check to CLENA to CLENA P.O. Box 180817 Dallas, TX 75218
  2. Use the link we will be sending in our email blast to pay using pay pal. Then mail or drop off form.
  3. Drop off your order form and check to CLENA at the Boothe residence (in mail slot) 1501 Verano Dr.

Also, make sure you talk to neighbors to let them know their home will be sponsored 🙂

How can I help? There are many opportunities to help. We will be sending out a sign up genius email where the following specific jobs are listed. If one of these interests you, please sign up through the Sign Up Genius or give us a call/text. Here is where we need your help:

  • Assembling luminaries kits on November 16th from 1-4 PM
  • Setting out luminaries on December 6th
  • Making hot chocolate for volunteers
  • Contacting local businesses to see if they would like to sponsor homes
  • Creating a logo for Casa Linda Lights

If you would like to help, please sign up on the sign up genius email or contact Kristen Boothe: kristen@McBrideBoothe.com (214) 796-7021 Carmen Parra: carmen.Parra@baylorhealth.edu (973)309-6968

THANK YOU and we hope to see you at the Luminaries Kit Making Party November 16th!